The main objectives:
- scientific advisory support of activities in criminal proceedings;
- applied implementation of the results of criminal law research into the activities of business entities in order to minimize its criminal law risks;
- the use of the achievements of criminal law in the implementation of effective protection for various categories of criminal cases.
The head of the Center is Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Law, Professor Mr. Alexei Rarog, and the staff consists of professors, doctors of law: Mr. Ivan Klepitsky, Mr. Samvel Kochoi and Mrs. Tatyana Ponyatovskaya.
The center carries out research, educational, expert advisory and research and promotional activities in the field of criminal law, as well as on other issues arising during criminal proceedings.
Specialists of Alliance Legal CG regularly participate in various scientific and educational events aimed at integrating science and practice in the field of criminal law, which are conducted by the NOTS.
Learn more about NOTS MGUA
Appreciation for the fruitful cooperation with the Science and Education Centre
Appreciation for support of criminal law science and active participation in the life of O.E. Kutafin University (MSUA)
Law and practice in criminal cases of restriction of competition (cartels)
- Nikita Rozhentsov at the MSLA Annual International Conference "Criminal Law: A Strategy for Development in the 21st Century".
- In recent years, cartel profits run into billions of roubles, while criminal charges are brought against only a handful. Art. 178 of the Criminal Code for many reasons remains unclaimed in court practice. Difficulties arise, for example, with how to calculate the income received or the damage suffered.
- It is possible to get an acquittal under Article 178 of the RF Criminal Code. For example, in cases where the companies are not de facto competitors and are part of the same group of companies, the companies are interconnected in their management, etc.
Correlation of theory and practice in the application of criminal law
As part of the Kutafin Readings, Nikita gave a presentation on the correlation of law and practice in criminal cases involving violations of health and safety rules in construction and other works.
Nikita's report on:
- The relevance of Article 143 of the Russian Criminal Code (labour protection violations) for clients who usually deal with civil law matters.
- The correlation between the offences under Articles 143 and 216 of the Criminal Code.
Medical criminal law
Alexander Sergeev was an expert speaker at the panel discussion on 'Criminal law risks in health care organisations'.
Among the topics of the presentations were:
- Violation of sanitary and epidemiological rules: controversial issues of construction of corpus delicti and qualification of the crime.
- Status and prospects of criminal responsibility for crimes under articles 121 and 122 of the Criminal Code.
- Legal risks of drug trafficking in the sphere of health care.
November 23, 2018 Alina Manina - Deputy Managing Partner, Head of Bankruptcy Support Practice, spoke at the conference "Criminal Bankruptcies" with the topic "Delineation of criminal and permissible. Criminal law risks of behavior" on the verge of "in a controlled bankruptcy procedure."